Custom Foot Orthotic Fitting
Custom foot orthotics are specially designed corrective devices to restore the natural position of the feet. The orthotics acts as an interface between the feet, the shoe and the ground. The purpose of the device is to support the bones and joints of the feet to maintain optimal neutral position and to eliminate or compensate any misalignments or structural problems of the feet.
Orthotics are usually prescribed by a specialized doctor according to the requirement, lifestyle or shape of the feet of the patient. There are many different types of orthotics such as rigid types to increase the control of the feet and soft or flexible types to provide comfort. Certain specially designed orthotics for different sporting activities provide balance and control during sport, prevents high impact stress or injury to the feet, knees or spine and also enhances performance.
Functions of Custom Foot Orthotic
- Prevent abnormal foot function
- Restore proper weight distribution
- Improve overall biomechanical function of the foot
- Compensate for deformities or other abnormalities related to leg and foot
- Prevent further damage of joints, muscles and ligaments
- Prevents sports injuries and enhance performance
Orthotics are commonly indicated for prevention or correction of various foot conditions. Usage of orthotics depends on the symptoms of the condition ranging from general aches to foot conditions such as Achille’s tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, diabetic neuropathy, calluses or corn’s formation, Morton’s neuroma and sesamoiditis. Sometimes orthotics are also recommended as an alternative to surgery or may be used after surgery to preserve the alignment.
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Achilles Tendon Repair
- Ankle Ligament Reconstruction
- Ankle Instability Surgery
- Ankle Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Foot Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Bunion Surgery
- Ankle Joint Replacement
- Treatment of Foot and Ankle Sports Injuries
- Custom Inserts
- Foot & Ankle Deformity Correction
- Biomechanics of Foot