Home » Warts
Definition: A benign skin growth caused by a papilloma virus. A common skin condition in the foot.
- Exposure to other individuals or surfaces that harbor the virus.
- Excessive perspiration of the feet can be a contributory factor
- Warts appear as painful bumps on the feet. They often bleed easily and are often confused as corns and calluses.
- They can occur on the soles of the feet (plantar warts) or toes.
- They are often painful when squeezed side to side
- Initial treatment can be performed with over the counter products. Most of these include salicylic acid in various concentrations
- Periodic paring down with a pumice stone
- If unresponsive then seek professional help from your physician or podiatrist
- Avoid going barefoot in communal environments (showers)
- Keep feet dry
Click the links below to find out more.