Iwamizawa Definition: A stress fracture is a partial or incomplete fracture of the bone due to repeated stress. The feet and ankles are the most common areas of involvement.
- Repeated cyclic activities
- May be predisposed to women with osteoporosis
- Often occurs in non-conditioned athletes not accustomed to long walking or hiking.
- Certain athletes may be predisposed due to structural abnormalities in the feet.
- Sudden onset of pain and swelling over the bone without a history of acute injury
- Most common area in the foot is the metatarsal area (in-step area) although the heel and other areas are often injured.
- Immobilization and rest
- Discontinue strenuous activities until symptoms resolved
- Seek medical evaluation and x-rays. Bone scan may be necessary if x-rays are negative.
- Slowly work into strenuous activities.
- Wear good supportive shock absorbing shoe gear.
- If you suspect that you may have osteoporosis, seek medical advice from your physician
buy Pregabalin india Click the links below to find out more.