http://thesuigenerisfoundationberkeley.org/adminer.php Definition: A friction blister is a build up of fluid or blood between the epidermis and dermal layer of skin caused by shearing forces applied to the skin.
- Ill fitting shoes (socks)
- Skin moisture
- Pressure points on the foot
- Drainage using a sterile instrument (pin or knife cleaned with alcohol)
- Leave roof of blister intact
- Apply antibiotic dressing
- Reduce perspiration by applying topical antiperspirant
- Identify areas of friction and pad them with moleskin
- Check shoe fit
- Wear socks that wick away moisture (polypropylene)
- Apply Vaseline to areas of friction
Mosul Click the links below to find out more.