Corns and Calluses
http://livelifepursuehappy.com/TW3E Definition: Corns and calluses are thickening of the skin caused by excessive localized pressure due to foot deformities or improper fitting shoes.
- Improper fitting shoe
- Foot deformities such as bunions, hammertoes and flat feet.
- Painful thickening of skin usually over a bone prominence
- Most common areas are the toes and balls of feet
- Debride painful calluses with a pumice stone.
- Apply moisturizing creams daily.
- Pad areas of irritation with protective materials including moleskin, felt and tape.
- Seek professional help from a podiatrist if symptoms persist.
- Check shoe fit to make certain there are no pressure points on the foot.
- Pad any bony prominences to avoid development.
index Click the links below to find out more.