http://onewish4u.com/?et_core_page_resource=et-core-unified-2643-cached-inline-styles2643 Definition: A bunion is a complex deformity of the great toe joint resulting in a progressive dislocation. There is a progressive deformity of the foot with the metatarsal bone protruding and the large toe moving in the opposite direction.
- Hereditary factors
- Women are more prone than men
- Flat footedness
- Tight fitting shoes
- Persistent pain, irritation, redness and blister formation over the prominent toe.
- Difficulty finding comfortable shoes
- Often associated with other deformities including hammertoes
- Wider shoes to accommodate for the deformity
- Softer upper on the shoes to avoid irritation
- Arch supports when indicated (flat feet)
- Padding of the bunion to avoid irritation in shoe
- Surgery if deformity is significant and unresponsive to conservative care
- Careful shoe fit
- Arch supports when indicated
her explanation Click the links below to find out more.