Definition: Athletes foot infections are caused by a fungal infection of the skin. There are a variety of fungal organisms that can cause such infections.
Moisture, heat and darkness, all of which occur in your shoes
- Itching, weeping, oozing and skin macerations
- Symptoms most commonly occur in the web spaces between the toes.
- Chronic cases may cause dry, scaly redness on the soles of the feet
- Change socks frequently if wet or use moisture wicking socks (acrylic).
- Cleanse feet often.
- Apply topical anti-fungal creams until symptoms resolve and anti-fungal powders for preventative maintenance.
- Keep feet dry
- Use an anti-fungal powder in shoes and socks.
Click the links below to find out more.